A prominent design engineering and manufacturing company for customized industrial equipment in the greater St Louis, MO area is seeking a Quality Control Manager. This position will oversee the quality control inspection of receiving, in-process, and finished goods to ensure compliance with quality specifications. This position will recommend new or improved quality control methods, procedures, and/or standards. The position will be responsible for supervising Quality Control Inspectors, including hiring, training and coaching. This is a top priority position, salaried in the $85K range.
location: Festus, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Responsible for participating in and overseeing the quality control inspection of receiving, in-process, and finished goods
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is maintained / calibrated as appropriate
- Lead and promote the Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) process
- Implementing quality tools that govern all quality functions from raw material to purchased goods throughout the production and shipping departments
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve quality issues identified by inspectors by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects
- Analyze non-conformances and process failures to facilitate solutions for trouble parts
- Coordinate, track, and communicate the KPI performances daily, weekly and monthly for quality focused metrics
- Develop countermeasures for KPI that do not meet expectations
- Assist manufacturing and engineering by helping them develop process changes and assembly practices
- Manages the ISO9001 audits and documentation of processes to ensure compliance to internal procedures and the ISO9001 standard
- Participates in the generation of part specific quality plans utilizing customer drawings, CAD Models, and process specifications to ensure compliance with company and customer requirements
- Participates in the review of customer or contractual documentation (including proposals) to identify and ensure fulfillment of quality requirements
- Provides technical and advisory support to the production department
- Understands GD&T requirements as applied to engineering drawings and notes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.