A Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years of experience in the full-cycle development of small part design/assembly products is needed in Salem, VA. The Mechanical Engineer will complete product development projects for parts that are manufactured by screw machine, stamping, powdered metal, cast, and other conventional machining methods. Experience with miniaturization and integration of electronic components, motors, actuators, sensors, into mechanical designs is highly desired.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with product design of small part assemblies
- Solidworks CAD experience (CSWP certification is desired)
- Project management experience is essential
- Experience with testing methods and industry testing standards
- Plastics designs or industrial design and patent development are a huge plus.
location: Salem, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design new products from conception through to production and sustaining engineering
- Engineering design using Solidworks and PDM
- Interacts with manufacturing, tooling, prototyping, testing, and quality
- Design review projects, lean initiatives, and VA/VE
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.