Randstad Engineer is conducting a professional search for a Quality Engineer to fill a direct hire position with our Aerospace manufacturing client in Dayton OH. The Quality Engineer will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of prevention-oriented quality and inspection systems to ensure comapny products and processes meet or exceed internal and external requirements. Relocation assistance negotiable for qualified candidates, competitive compensation package.
location: DAYTON, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $79,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering/production teams, customers, and suppliers in planning, scheduling, coordinating, and directing quality activities to ensure product conformance to customer requirements and specifications
- Lead investigation, resolution and prevention activities focused on product and process nonconformances
- Track process capability and collaborate with manufacturing engineering to improve results and implement continuous improvement projects focused on cost, scrap, rework, and first pass yield
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the quality system tied to manufacturing operations with an emphasis on customer requirements and regulatory standards
- Collaborate with planning and design staff regarding product design and tooling to ensure implementation of effective production methods and resolution of manufacturing challenges
- Participate on New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to assure relevant quality requirements and objectives are understood, communicated, and practiced throughout product lifecycle
- Facilitate customer, and perform internal and external audits
- Provide technical assistance and direction to manufacturing engineering, production, and support staff
- Aid in the development and performance of applicable aerospace training activities
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience in Quality, Engineering or Operations with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Familiar with Eight Disciplines of Problem Solving (8D), ability to root cause problems, devise short-term fixes and implement long-term prevention solutions
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing manufacturing priorities to achieve expected results
- strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams focused on continuous improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- strong organizational and planning skills and the demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects
- Ability to manage multiple, fluid priorities and proactively address business demands in a fast-paced aerospace manufacturing environment
- Able to communicate effectively with management, and co-workers to promote strong working relationships and create an environment focused on teamwork
- Familiar with ISO / AS9100 Regulatory Standards
- Experience in GD&T and Metrology preferred
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical processes utilized in the manufacture of metal/rubber products preferred
- Experience in Aerospace Manufacturing preferred
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Gauge R&R preferred
- Familiar with Kaizen activities / tools preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.