Randstad Engineering is conducting a nationwide, professional search for a Quality Manager to fill a direct hire position with our aerospace manufacturing client in Dayton OH. This quality leader is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, auditing (internal and external), and continuous improvement activities of the location quality management system and quality processes in a dynamic aerospace environment of increasing customer expectations. The client seeks a seasoned quality leader who will come in, and take charge. Relocation is negotiable for qualified candidates, competitive compensation package.
location: DAYTON, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Proactively leads quality process improvement initiatives using technical/statistical problem solving and prevention-oriented quality principles and practices
- Responsible for product quality, including inspection/testing processes and product acceptance
- Provide plans to achieve corporate goals and metrics through Dayton plant strategies and objectives while providing support in the development and accomplishment of higher-level goals.
- Provides direct leadership support for the Quality Team including both exempt and non-exempt team members
- Collaborates directly with Division Quality, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales to assure first-time, on-time product conformance to requirements at minimum quality cost
- Coordination of in-plant quality related training and operator certification activities
- Represents the Company during customer audits and quality system audits, as well as through direct interactions with customers and suppliers regarding product quality matters.
- Lead multi-disciplined continuous improvement projects and teams focused on cost, scrap, rework, and first pass Quality
- Drives Zero Defects and Lean initiatives within the Dayton plant
- Accomplishes quality assurance objectives by monitoring, reviewing, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Prepares Management Review by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Education, Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Sciences
- Professional Experience, Required:
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of Quality related experience with increasing responsibility in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated Quality leadership in a manufacturing environment
- Auditing experience with AS9100, NADCAP or related
- Professional Experience, Preferred:
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical processes utilized in the manufacture of metal/rubber products
- Experience with SAP
- Lean Manufacturing
- FAA experience
- Black Belt
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience with increasing responsibility within a manufacturing environment that includes:
- process management
- lean manufacturing
- continuous improvement
- quality system standards
- Competent with AS9100, ISO9000 and NADCAP requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge with PPAP core tools:
- Demonstrated ability to create, train, monitor, analyze and implement improvements in SPC
- Demonstrated competence in various problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of metrology and inspection techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to lead teams and develop positive relationships with coworkers, customers, suppliers, and auditors
- Approachable and able to effectively communicate advanced quality concepts, plans, and technical data, internally and externally at all levels
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes and related process controls is required
- Demonstrated competency and professionalism in interactions with executive management, vendors, customers, and team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.