Growing manufacturer in the Warren, MI area is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, will consider significant experience in lieu of degree. Competitive compensation plan plus bonus. Some travel required, less than 25%.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Warren, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Must have working knowledge of PLC troubleshooting, programming preferred.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and the ability to produce and edit schematic drawings as needed
- Design and develop automated industrial controls/pneumatic documentation and drawings using AutoCAD 2D for automated systems
- Write and debug ladder logic Allen-Bradley, Siemens Step 7
- Travel to customer sites for installation, troubleshooting and debugging of PLC's, HMI's and associated controls hardware
- Generate bills of materials for customer orders.
- Design and interpret PLC code for customized material handling applications.
- Inspect shop panels for correct wiring and set up.
- Travel to customer sites to start up automated systems, to include adjustment/set-up of drives and control devices- travel less than 25%
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, schematics, and blueprints
- Possess strong technical skills and the ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, will consider solid experience in lieu of degree
- Material handling industry experience preferred
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and work well in a team
- Travel required <25%, mostly regional
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.