A rapidly growing producer of structural steel and components is looking for a Engineering Drafting Technician to join their team near Des Moines, Iowa. This company has over 50 years of experience, is employee owned, and has grown its workforce 100% over 10 years. This person will provide drafting services for production piece drawings and provide general support services for engineering, project management, production and field support.
The salary is commensurate with experience up to $50K plus bonus, company shares, and great health/retirement benefits.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Prepare piece drawings and details as required
- Make changes to CAD drawings as required or directed
- Provide general support assistance as required
- Quality of work - output must be accurately, clearly, and consistently prepared for use by production or the client
- Timeliness of work - maintaining or exceeding the lead times to support the production schedule
- Monitor the production schedule regularly and maintain work flow to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Work closely with project manager/engineer/coordinator to solve casting and field problems
- Assist other drafters and project coordinators when they have schedule conflicts
- Work with project engineers, project coordinators, and checkers
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.