Our client, a leader in the heavy equipment and specialty vehicle manufacturing space, is seeking a cost engineer with experience with Value Analysis & Value Engineering for their Inland Empire, California region production facility. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience with design engineering, validation testing, Six Sigma/Lean Mfg and simulation analysis. A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical or Industrial are best) and some exposure to the specialty vehicle manufacturing industry are preferred. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
location: RIVERSIDE, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop, design, validate, and manage the implementation of best-in-class product designs.
Responsible for generating & developing the VA/VE project pipelines through ideation workshops with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain VA/VE targets.
- Work closely with Production, Procurement, Quality, Finance, Sales, and other design engineers to create a roadmap of short- and long-term goals to meet VA/VE Targets.
- Ability to prioritize projects to deliver to company's cost reduction objectives.
- Ability to research new manufacturing processes to deliver cost reduction.
- Lead the development of the schedule and budget for value-add/value-engineered projects.
- Coaching other engineers on cost reduction and identifying employees to partake in Six Sigma training.
- Develop technical communications: datasheets, interface control documents, test plans, etc.
Design, model, and test product prototypes.
- Lead cross-functional teams using standard VA/VE methodology and tools.
- Integrate best practices from each functional team to deliver a high quality, best-in-class design.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable national codes and standards as they relate to the products, we produce.
- Continually identify technology upgrades and cost reduction opportunities to keep the product line in a competitive position.
- Provide guidance and work with manufacturing engineers during development of products and in
continual upgrade of existing product.
- Provide direction to production employees on technical issues.
- Maintain drawings, product structure, and design standards in accordance with modern methods and procedures.
- Take necessary measures to improve the quality of products and information in the respective area of responsibility.
- Explain designs and product construction to code and standards personnel as well as inspectors.
- Develop, design, test and supervise implementation of new technology and cost improvements to existing products.
- Review drawings and manufacturing information standards developed by product engineers and
- Responsible for following all associated quality processes.
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports as required by management.
- Create monthly cost reduction report/ presentation for leadership team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.