Our client, a provider of storage and transportation for top energy companies, is seeking a talented PLC Program Lead Coordinator for their Tacoma/ Seattle, WA area. This candidate must have a minimum of 5 years in the field with an Associates degree in instrumentation or Process controls is preffered. Must be able to work with and program: Wonderware, GE quickpanels, Allen and Bradley, GE PLCs and Varec FuelsManager Tank Gauging systems. Working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics and technical manuals and data. Must be open to travel 50% of the time to company sites: Portland OR & Seattle/Tacoma WA. Must have Project Management experience to oversee and supervise others. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate!
location: Tacoma, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $99,840 - 120,640 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Design, develop, implement, support and process DCS and PLC systems which includes controls, metering, alarms, automation and communications systems across multiple platforms.
- Installation, modification and maintenance of DCSs, PLCs and other network devices.
- Install new SCADA equipment on new sites or replace equipment where necessary.
- Perform electrical or SCADA required repairs needed by Pipeline Control Center.
- Optimize programming plant work processes, plant process control and safety systems.
- Responsible for performing corrective & preventive maintenance on automation systems, advanced hardware, logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the storage and transportation of bulk liquids in accordance with manufacture's specifications and established company procedures.
- Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and perform maintenance as necessary to correct problems.
- Provide technical expertise in evaluations, recommendations, and development/review of electrical, control systems and instrumentation specifications, work scopes, bids, test procedures, alarm response procedures, commissioning plans, and SOPs.
- Provide technical expertise and work with terminal personnel and contractors in loop checking, troubleshooting, startup and commissioning support.
- Monitor process variables and conditions to ascertain the current state of the operated process.
- Monitor and recognize dangerous and/or emergency conditions within the process and perform procedures necessary to remove the condition to protect personnel, community, environment and equipment.
- Provide expertise and work with purchase and other departments/internal staff for making any necessary purchases as needed.
- Work with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination (Incident Command System), equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation.
- Ensure regulatory/code compliance with applicable Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Operate and perform activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures. (Federal, State and local policies and procedures).
- Maintain appropriate qualifications in line with Company DOT Operator Qualification program.
- Must be able to travel to Tacoma, Seattle and Portland.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.