Our aerospace client in Irvine, CA is seeking a contract Assembly Tester Tech (highest level of Assembly Tester in organization) for a six plus month project (possibility for permanent conversion). The openings are on 2nd shift - 2:30pm-11:00pm - and it will be 100% onsite. The Tech role requires a minimum of seven years of prior experience with assembly and testing of complex products & systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, cryogenic), preferably in the aerospace and defense or aviononics industry, and exposure to the use of X?Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment are required qualifications.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 3pm to 12am
education: High School
- Performs complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Sets up complex test equipment on a variety of products to measure and record valve or system conformance to test specifications. Sets up test stands with appropriate plumbing for hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cryogenic tests from required product test specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of test stand and set?up prior to testing and makes necessary adjustments to attain specified test results. Trouble shoots and resolves most set up problems independently.
- Conducts tests using common and/or computerized data acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets/records test results on data forms. Uses X?Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment. Troubleshoots and reworks malfunctions disclosed by test data independently. Verifies new production assembly and test procedures and recommends processes to achieve desired results.
- Performs diagnostic teardown and rebuilding of product, including evaluation of suitability of components, according to customer specifications.
- Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
- Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
- Actively leads lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- May perform machining operations related to product acceptance procedures (i.e. pre?/re?trim).
- May travel to the customer to research, identify, and repair product failures. Could be expected to travel to acquired company to support product integration.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.