Great opportunity to join a growing global company. Client is looking to add a Proposal Engineer II to their team. The Proposal Engineer will be responsible for creating unique and complex offerings to meet the needs of customers. The offerings could include spare parts, upgrades, and retrofits for the GBP (Grinding, Bulk, Pryo) product line. Candidate must be able to read and understand mehcanical drawings. Ideal candidate will have a background in mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering, or applications engineering. Sales background is a plus!
location: York, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This position will focus on solutions for the Bulk Material Handling (BMH) product group. BMH product group is a part of the GBP products currently including Grinding, Bulk, and Pyro equipment.
BMH product group consists of a team of experts who provide a comprehensive range of engineering products and services, with core competency in material handling and conveying systems. Projects range from engineered service work through to full system retrofit equipment and greenfield equipment supply projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of customer inquiries, identifying needs, requirements, comments, and exceptions.
- Create proposals for complex spare parts, upgrades, refurbishments, and retrofits to meet the Market Area (Sales) demands.
- Define application specific equipment specifications
- Ensure proposal competitiveness by clearly communicating the company value add for our customers.
- Ensure proposals are commercially viable and competitive while mitigating and managing risk.
- Develop standard commercial offerings for upgrades, retrofits, and refurbishment and deploy these to the MA teams for opportunity generation; Leverage the installed base to drive the business.
- Create effective RFQs and obtain proposals from third-party suppliers.
- Ensure the hand over as-sold packages to the project management team.
- Define supply needs to Procurement to support the opportunities.
- Coordinate with Operational engineering the engineering requirements for a given project.
- Coordinate Retrofit and Refurbishment proposals with the SVS Professional Service group to add the local labor component and deliver a proposal.
- Visit customers to understand their business and corresponding product needs; understand their decision process and key drivers.
- Provide direct sales support.
- Work to ensure all related company intellectual property is controlled and protected.
- Strive to analyze and improve ways of working.
- Guide and influence others within area of expertise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
Up to 20% may be required for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2 - 5 years' experience in engineering or related field
- Previous experience in generating product pricing, reviewing customer inquiries, or designing custom solutions, is preferred.
- Previous experience navigating complex organizational matrices.
- Previous experience in any of the GBP (Grinding, Bulk, and Pyro) product groups is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP applications
- Experience in utilizing Salesforce or any CRM system
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings in the English and Metric System.
- Adequate computer skills, capable of working with Microsoft Windows, Word, & Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Apply and respect company policies, objectives, goals, safety, and ISO 9001 quality standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.