Large utility needs a MTC Technical Metering Technician in Jackson, MI. The role of the Metering Technology Center (MTC) Senior Technical Metering Technician is to provide a variety of expert level technical support functions related to a wide range of electric and gas metering applications.
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $29.00 - 34.96 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- In this capacity the Sr. Technician must rely on their expert knowledge and experience to support existing operations and provide solutions which add value to the business.
- Operations which the Sr. Technician is expected to provide direct support includes the MTC Electric Test Facility [E-TF], MTC Gas Test Facility [G-TF], MV90, Advanced Meter Infrastructure [AMI], Revenue Recovery, Electric Meter Operations [EMO], Gas Services and Customer Billing.
- The covered territory covers all Consumers Energy gas and electric territories.
- Knowledge of relevant national and industry safety standards such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Digital electronics and digital communications.
- Programming experience: Can be software or PLC Understanding of polyphase AC Power systems to include service types and transformer applications.
- Metrology: Measurement of electrical quantities to include power, energy and reactance within a three phase AC power system.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple advanced systems. Oral and writen communication skills necessary to communicate complex technical concepts across across business units and across management levels within an organization.
- Knowledge of MPSC technical rules and regulations pertaining to Consumers Energy's regulated gas & electric metering activites.
- Team building - ability to cultivate the relevant skills within all team member's to perform at the highest posssible level.
- Required: 48 technical hours or completion of relevant military training.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience required.
- 4-7 years' experience is preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.