Our client, a global leader in the aerospace, defense and avionics industries, is seeking a Design Engineer for their fluid systems division in Orange County, CA. Qualified candidates will have 2-3+ years of experience with product design, testing and validation of parts and components for the aerospace and/or avionics industry. A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or similar discipline, is required.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $98,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develops detailed product specifications by analyzing performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements.
- Performs feasibility and trade studies applying standard analytical methods; recommends solutions which are defined and reviewed for implementation.
- Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Ensures conformance to product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards. May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may assist in writing technical proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.