Client is in search of a Senior Electrical Engineer within the Chicago area. Candidates that are interested should have a Bachelors of Science in Engineering along with 5 years of relevant working experience. Client is searching for a candidate with a background in electronic design and with prior experience shipping a consumer electronics device to help us launch the next generation of products onto farms around the world. If you are interested please apply today and call us directly. Thank you!
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 49.77 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Our department creates new consumer-facing agricultural IoT products and we are fully responsible for design, prototyping, testing, regulatory certification, and manufacturing. As a member of our team, you will have the ability to take part in every aspect of the product's lifecycle, creating real products that improve outcomes for farmers around the world. This job is not about designing anonymous widgets, it is an opportunity to make a substantial contribution to our development effort and to make a meaningful impact in people's lives while doing work that you love.
Right now, our team is small with a diverse collection of skills, and a successful candidate will help complement and extend our abilities. Because of this, there is no one right candidate for this job. If you have many of the skills we are looking for but not all, we are still interested in talking to you.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
- Five or more years of industry experience
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Electronic design knowledge and experience using a CAD/EDA package
- Can use test equipment (Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.) to prototype and test circuits
- Able to work across teams with other engineers and programmers to design our IoT products
- Effective communication skills, technical writing skills and good organization
- Farming experience and knowledge of modern agricultural technology
- Experience with high volume electronics manufacturing and testing finished PCB assemblies
- Experience working with microcontrollers and common digital buses like USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
- strong analog fundamentals and RF experience
- Experience using Altium Designer to create libraries, schematics, and board layouts
- Knowledge of digital radio technologies like LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry testing (i.e. FCC, CE, CB, PTCRB, Verizon, etc.)
- Ability to write and maintain programs in Python and C
- Understand how to use and maintain desktop Linux systems
- Willing to travel (~20%) for meetings, manufacturing, and visiting suppliers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.