A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Chillicothe, IL area. The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
location: Chillicothe, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $33.00 - 38.92 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This position is responsible for the validation of electric drive systems and components through the execution of lab testing.
- Defining validation requirements and developing appropriate test specifications.
- Ensuring test facilities, instrumentation, and data acquisition systems meet desired capabilities.
- Performing lab testing based on defined plans.
- Analyzing test data, summarizing results, determining conclusions, and communicating results in technical reports and presentations.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing lab testing of electric drive components and systems.
- Working with internal clients to determine test plans.
- Inspection and electrical checks of components to be tested.
- Coordinate installation of additional instrumentation.
- Perform lab tests using dedicated test facilities.
- Analyze test data, communicate results, and documenting findings in technical reports.
- Approx 70% of day will be in a lab environment running tests, remaining time will be for data analysis and report/presentation creation.
- Work will be done in a team environment, with a high level of interaction.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum required.
- Associate's considered with applicable experience.
- 2-4 years experience required.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and data analysis tools.
- Powertrain product development experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.