A Distribution Designer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the CITY, STATE area. This subfamily is responsible for completing layouts, drawing, and revising detailed parts, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.95 - 44.60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- This subfamily is responsible for completing layouts, drawing, and revising detailed parts, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics.
- Work is completed through computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA. Duties include completing details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices, determining scaling, inserting necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning, preparing specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations, preparing complete production detail drawings, contributing design modifications to improve quality of product and/or facilitating manufacturing operations.
- Impact: Works to achieve day to day objectives consisting of tasks that are typically routine, with some deviation from standard practice. Works under moderate supervision for routine tasks.
- Complexity: Resolves routine problems and issues, without clearly prescribed solutions. Checks and makes minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems.
- Communication: Communicates with colleagues within their own project/ work area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Leadership & Talent Management/Knowledge: Has substantial understanding of job requirements and overall function.
- Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects.
- Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
- Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices.
- Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pole Loading software ( O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole foreman) and SAP.
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects.
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments.
Associate Distribution Designer:
- BS degree with 0-1 years of experience or BA or
- AS degree with 2 years relevant experience or
- HS diploma + 6 years of experience.
- BS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR BA degree or
- AS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 2 years relevant experience or
- HS diploma + 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.