An Electrical Designer is needed for a world class utility company in the Tulsa, OK area. This position will be responsible for preparation, development and coordination of maps, sketches, diagrams and other engineering related drawings in 2D/3D. Assist and prepare station layouts and detailed design drawings.
location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
job type: Contract
salary: $18.91 - 25.55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per company requirements for the position.
- Assist responsible engineer with development of documentation to support project decision making.
- Assist and prepare station layouts and detailed design drawings.
- Create bills of material and submit requisitions for the procurement of the project equipment.
- Coordinate information and design across a multi-disciplinary team to ensure deliverables are compliant with project expectations.
- Provide support to construction and professional field service personnel to resolve issues and concerns during the construction phase of projects.
- Collaborate with various departments during the course of the project.
- Voltage drop and cable sizing.
- Conduit fill calculations.
- Oil containment sizing.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, or relevant equivalent experience and/or education.
- Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 4 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, with one to two years of relevant equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 6 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.