Contract to Hire Opportunity: Engineering & Construction client is looking for an Environmental Scientist/Specialist for a temp to perm opportunity in the Wallingford, CT region. This position has a high probability of turning into a direct hire job. You will assist in overseeing and conducting environmental assessments and supporting environmental compliance efforts. You will also be involved in preparing permitting applications and analyzing environmental data for various types of projects. Experience supporting power generation and electrical transmission construction projects, oil & gas projects, renewable energy projects, industrial sites or water treatment facilities would be ideal.
location: Wallingford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform EHS multi-media compliance auditing
- Develop and review Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans
- Develop and Review Facility Response Plans (FRP)
- Develop, review and inspection of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) Operational and Construction
- Hazardous waste management, (RCRA)
- Federal and State EPCRA reporting and facility-level training
- Understanding of environmental and non-environmental permitting for construction projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.