A Product Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Fuquay-Varina, NC area. This position performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project.
location: Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $27.21 - 40.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- strong mechanical aptitude.
- strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and execute vehicle tests.
- Ability to analyze complex data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate within a cross functional team across multiple sites and drive results.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely to document test procedures and communicate results.
- Hands on skills and aptitude with mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical systems.
- Experience with product development and knowledge of the overall process (design, analysis, testing, and mfg.).
- Knowledge of engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems and battery electric technology.
- Ability to accurately diagnose cause and effect of issues.
- Experience with digital data acquisition systems.
- Experience working with AgPDM, SAP and other enterprise tools such as root cause analysis.
- Experience with riding lawn, commercial mowing or golf course maintenance equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership and people skills.
- Matlab experience preferred.
Preferred degrees: Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural, Automotive, Systems Engineer.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.