Growing manufacturer in Wichita is seeking a Quality Systems Manager to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of inspection experience in aerospace manufacturing. Previous leadership/management experience required, as well as experience in AS9100 and NADCAP systems and audits. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret blue prints and government regulations. Aerospace manufacturing experience required. Relocation provided.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: WICHITA, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Schedule and perform audit activities, to include pre-audit planning, audit execution, audit summary evaluation, post-audit follow-up and recommendations
- Administer and control aerospace quality systems - Develop and revise internal procedures when necessary
- Ensure enforcement of current quality policies, procedures and objectives by staying informed of the latest updates and modifications related to ISO quality systems to ensure compliance.
- Perform required audits in a timely manner; Review non-conformances found during auditing
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR jurisdiction and USML/ECCN classification principles
- Review and approve new work planning to ensure compliance to customer PO and Customer specifications and drawings
- Review and implement major aerospace OEM's specifications requirements while ensuring all specifications are at current revision
- Create/review NCR's in accordance with drawings and specifications and internal requirements
- Gap analysis of internal process to customer requirements to ensure compliance and approvals
- Create PCR (Planning Change Request) when specifications revision roll has product impact/No product impact
- Perform self-pre-audit checklist for NADCAP and AS9100
- Gather the required information needed for submittal to external auditor
- Communicate to applicable business unit managers what is needed in order to facilitate the audits
- Assist with the determination of export jurisdiction and classification under the ITAR and EAR, as well as export documentation requirements and valuation of exports with the assistance of the Import Compliance Specialist.
- Understand and help in the aid of controlling the calibration APE software and required tooling as a backup to the Quality Assistant
- Prepare and submit export license applications.
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, government agencies and other functional areas to ensure compliance of exports.
- Assist with the development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of trade compliance management systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions.
- 5+ year's Quality experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment required
- 3+ year's leadership or supervisory experience
- Must have experience in AS9100 & NADCAP systems & audits
- Knowledge of OFAC regulations, country-specific sanctions programs
- Technical expertise in export laws & regulations, including classifications, end use checks, sanctions programs, licensing and restricted party screening
- Experience in preparing and managing ITAR and EAR export license applications.
- Experience in development and implementation of export compliance procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years or relevant work experience
- Knowledge/training of aerospace painting and chemical processing preferred
- Knowledge of measuring equipment (e.g. micrometers, calipers, height gauges, Isoscope etc.)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.