A Dev/Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Green Valley, AZ area. The main function of a research engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical research engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
location: Green Valley, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 30.35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan and execute testing of mining and construction equipment and technology. Validate that new products and updated products meet engineering requirements.
- Make safety and health a priority during all work (and home) activities.
- With support from a senior test engineer, create project plans for test activity, write work instructions, manage and participate in building and modification of mining machines, outline instrumentation requirements for testing, conduct testing, analyze test results, communicate findings, and write technical summary reports.
- Apply technical skills to develop and validate any machine systems and subsystems including structural, mechanical, hydraulic, cooling, engine, powertrain, electrical, electronics, and software.
- Use engineering systems to look up drawings, specifications, and solid models. Use software like Excel, Tableau, DATK to analyze test data. Use MS Office applications to create effective technical and communication documents.
- Apply knowledge of machines and machine systems to perform troubleshooting of malfunctioning components, systems, and machines.
- Learn the fundamentals of mining equipment operations and maintenance. Learn through on-the-job training to operate mining trucks and shovels.
- Provide ideas for continuous improvement (CI) to the safety, quality, velocity, and cost of engineering and operations at the proving ground. Aid supervisor in implementation of CI ideas.
Technical Skills Required:
- 0-2 years experience.
- Experience with SuperComm 2, Cadet, CANape and electrical system troubleshooting is highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other accredited engineering curriculum.
- Ability to quickly learn new and proprietary software programs specific to the development of machines
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.