The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be based in Farmington Hills, MI. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing mechanical packaging solutions for lighting fixtures as well as passenger vehicle/truck systems containing mechanical components/assemblies, electronic printed circuit boards, interconnect/cable assemblies. The engineer must be willing to work with a team lead as well as work independently taking design tasks from concept through design release.
It is a fast-paced design center servicing global customer in the automotive sector. We offer full product development including overall system architecture development, hardware and mechanical design and software development. They also have an ISO certified environmental and EMC labs in Toronto, Ontario as well as testing chambers, equipment & system design and build capabilities in Farmington Hills.
Acting as trusted design source to our customers, we work on multiple medium to large scale projects and collaborate on a global scale with other locations to ensure we provide the best customer experience possible. Our team focus, global reach and employee empowerment provide our engineering teams the opportunity to continuously learn, be challenged and allow for personal growth and development.
location: Farmington, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $55.29 - 62.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interface with Windchill PDM for document storage
- Attend weekly ME/project team meeting; discuss current work, planned next steps; participate in problem solving; share ideas with team members/review timelines & deadlines.
- Attend PDT meetings with customers; discuss design progress; tool progress; component / assembly progress; testing progress; PPAP progress; launch and production readiness
- Provide direction to CAD designers to create, manage & release 3D part/assembly modeling
- Interface with OEM engineers, understand OEM part release and change process
- Search/Chase data/info required from customer & manufacturing
- Engineering calculations/tolerance analysis; or interfacing with simulation team (structural/optical)
- Respond to questions/emails/calls as required
- Ad hoc discussions (zoom call, email, phone call)
- Create, manage & populate Engineering Change Orders for design changes (Agile)
- Work with System Engineer to define general program and specific product requirements
- Develop proposed solution/part/assembly
- Review with key stakeholders - lead, HW PCBA design team, manufacturing, customer, supplier & software.
- Very good understand of 3D modeling, 2D drawing, GD&T, engineering calculations/simulations
- Support tooling engineers with DFM (design for Manufacturing) documents, sometimes require OEM approval
- Support Prototype builds, build parts for testing and test/validation engineer
- Lead Mechanical Reviews with stakeholders (Managers, Directors, Customers, etc.)
- Update and finalize - provide model/drawing information to manufacturing, supplier, internal team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.