Rapidly growing modular manufacturing company focused on mid and high-ruse development in numerous markets are in search for a Director of Architecture and Product Development due to continued growth and the goal of taking the company to the next level. he Director of Architecture & Product Development is newly created role that is focused on developing market-leading design capability and initiating product development activity. This position will work closely with the business development, project management, procurement, and manufacturing teams, as well as with client design teams. The Director of Architecture will serve as a key member of the organizations team and directly lead a team of design and product engineers.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop and implement a three (3) year departmental plan aligned with the company vision and strategy
- Create and implement standardized product architecture and specifications that allows for the efficient production of high-quality, high value-added modular building solutions
- Develop module designs to create a catalogue of base products with standard fundamental elements such that the modules can be customized to a certain degree without changing the manufacturing process drastically.
- Develop module designs that can be used to create several unit type combinations using fewest possible module types. knowledge of building code requirements to ensure design complies with all requirements.
- Define design criteria and constraints for client's team of architects to work with.
- Work with 3rd party architects to ensure product mix is kept to a minimum in each project while allowing opportunities for customization.
- Work with Design Engineer to convert architectural module designs into manufacturing friendly models and assist with creation of production drawings and Bill of Materials (BOMs). Ensure the product designs remain complaint with code requirements.
- Create and maintain specifications for products and parts to be used in product design models and drawings
- The latest product technology has been integrated into product / project offerings.
- Design execution has been optimized through the effective implementation of project management processes and systems, as well as design standards.
- Develop a flexible, scalable design department.
- Measure, analyze and improve design performance.
- Develop relationships with research bodies.
- Represent the company at technical and industry conferences and events.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.