A FGPA Hardware Engineer is needed for an American-based multinational technology conglomerate corporation located in the San Jose, CA area. This position will have the ability to interpret hardware system schematics, PCB layouts, and technical functional specifications.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46.42 - 60.71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ability to interpret hardware system schematics, PCB layouts, and technical functional specifications.
- Experience with hardware debug and test in a lab environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and independent initiative for completing work tasks and resolving issues.
- Enjoy problem solving and helping others resolve hardware issues.
- Able to work independently and with a multi-functional team.
- Experience with board level bring-up using hardware debug tools.
- Experience with use of lab tools and equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and evaluation boards.
- Experience with general hardware product development phases and methodology.
- Scripting language experience for automation using Python or Linux shell scripts.
- Experience with FPGA verification a plus.
- Low level software skills and understanding of CPU bootstrap code a plus.
- Experience with security related design principals, methods, and architecture a plus.
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5 or more years of experience with FPGA design, using Verilog Hardware Description Language.
- 5 or more years of experience in hardware development, debug, and test.
- 5 or more years of experience in developing verification testbench and testcases at module or chip level using UVM methodology.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.