A CAD Drafter is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Framingham, MA (hybrid) area. This position will be interacting with an established group of engineers, designers and drafters, playing a valuable part in executing drafting of accurate drawing packages for utility power delivery projects, using MicroStation and AutoCAD.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $23.89 - 42.80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Ability to work with the Engineering Manager and other Leads/Supervisors to assign and schedule the day to day work of individual CAD operators, assigning/changing priorities and monitoring status.
- Experience in Doc Control, Drawing Records Management, Preliminary and final IFC issuance.
- The ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp.
CAD Drafting Supervisor:
- HS diploma or drafting certificate and 3-5 years of drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Coursework + project experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Associates Degree.
- Experience working with electric utility distribution projects and physical drawings.
- Experience working with utility plan and profile drawings.
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.