A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Chillicothe, IL area. The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
location: Chillicothe, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.00 - 32.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
- The role is an Design Support Engineering on the Electric Drivetrain Motor & Generator design team.
- Responsibility would be updating technical drawings, concept modeling work, complete design calculations, and hands on prototype product development.
- Responsibilities will vary per day.
- Creo experience preferred.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.