Manufacturer in Kansas City is seeking a Process Design Engineer to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Engineering and 3+ years of experience in metal fabrication and welding. AutoCAD experience required, Solidworks preferred, as well as continuous improvement and knowledge of Kaizen/lean manufacturing principles.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Lenexa, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment for support of the production factory
- Responsible developing a lean manufacturing methodology process design, operation and implementation in a machine shop, welding, assembly, fabrication and hydraulic test operations
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic, and various fluid power systems for the production factory
- Drive the factory in areas of process improvement and lean manufacturing activities related to machining, welding, grinding, cutting, assembly, in-process inspection and test, paint/detail, hydraulics, final inspection and test
- Designs, analyzes, develops and tests mobile mechanical, electrical and hydraulic products, components and accessories
- Collects production data and applies standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document and diagram production processes
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future department needs and to analyze product/process performance
- Review system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of product.
- Create and modify manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Designs products and systems, such as controls, robots and machines, powered by electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- strong knowledge and ability to specify pneumatic and hydraulic components along with developing the appropriate schematics required
- Good knowledge of CAD software and able to create basic tooling required
- BS Degree in Engineering required
- 3+ years' experience in metal fabrication, welding shop and including knowledge of and experience with hydraulics
- CAD or AutoCad Experience required, Solidworks preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.