Test Engineer needed for a global leading manufacturer of complex equipment and technologies. In this role you will be responsible for planning and implementing the testing of existing and new OEM equipment and components. Position requires technical oriented individual with the strong communication and leadership skills to communicate, plan and document the activities of a fast-paced testing program.
location: COLUMBUS, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Study the next generation component and system level designs for heavy equipment projects
- Interpret test requirements from design teams to develop test specifications and test plan
- Draft the test plans and meet with design engineers, development engineers and quality team members to confirm the details of the test plan.
- Planning and developing the test strategy along with the characterizing and formulating test plans to address any new concerns.
- Schedule tests to meet project milestones while respecting manpower and resource availability.
- Plan and specify new equipment required for truck-level testing, component and system level testing.
- Acquire and process test data, analyze the results and provide engineering interpretations.
- Analyze and countermeasure testing issues as they arise.
- Interpreting test data and performing root cause analysis in case of any failures.
- Review test reports completed by test technicians or other test engineers.
- Update project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to stakeholders.
- Prepare documentation related to testing for reporting in meetings and design reviews.
- Prepare and implement improvements to processes and procedures related to testing, planning, and reporting
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study.
- Prefer at least 2-3 years of experience in test engineering roles in a major OEM.
- System level test experience preferred.
- Experience with testing of controller, motor driver or similar electro-mechanical components is highly preferred.
- Experience with component, fatigue and mechanical system related test characterizations.
- Background in Vibration, fatigue, thermal, stress, durability and environmental testing.
- Working knowledge of control systems and electrical subsystems.Experience with CANBus protocols and testing.
- Possess the technical ability to read, evaluate, understand and communicate data from prints and technical standard documents.
- Understanding of Design of Experiments and Accelerated Life Testing principles
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.