A Substation Designer is needed for a leading engineering firm in the Austin, Texas area. The Substation Designer will act on the owner's behalf in support of utility substation EPC projects. Tasks include reviewing & checking a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, high voltage substations, verifying physical layout design on various high-voltage substation projects, as well as providing engineering and construction support for projects.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of experience designing the physical layout for high voltage substation EPC projects. Our client will also consider candidates who are focused more on the protection & controls side vs the physical layout side. Our client prefers candidates that are within a commutable distance, but will consider ALL candidates who are interested in Austin and require a per diem. This assignment is slated to last at least a year.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Review & check a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, high voltage substations
- Work with client's design team and subcontractors to verify physical layout design on various high-voltage substation projects
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects
- Read one line & three line diagrams and then do the design that is required and translate that to a physical layout or controls scheme
- Review non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- Review drawing packages for construction contracts and bill of material for procurement specifications
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.