Randstad Engineering is conducting a professional search for a Quality Engineer to fill a direct hire position with a manufacturing client in Covington TN. The Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure customer requirements are planned and implemented during the manufacturing, inspection, and launching of products. Relocation is negotiable for qualified candidates.
location: COVINGTON, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $59,750 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Quality Engineer works closely with Customers, Operations, and Engineering to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions that improve product quality and production efficiency. The Quality Engineer focuses on identifying trends that adversely affect the quality of products, driving timely and sustainable improvements through the effective application of problem solving methodologies.
- Establish and maintain documented quality policies and procedures that are in compliance with ISO.
- Monitor the quality system and report on circumstances that influence quality performance.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing in training and problem solving.
- Assist customers with technical questions and inquiries.
- Manage inspection efforts and communicate product discrepancies
- Oversee customer returns and claims
- Analyze returned products and recommend corrective action
- Work with the team to control returns by providing customer feedback
- Plan, prioritize, and handle multiple projects effectively
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Devise sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Sense of urgency and accuracy, with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A minimum of two years college education
- 3-5 years of experience in quality
- Advanced knowledge of ISO
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint - proficient
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.