Vice President of Distribution opportunity with a wholesale supply chain services company located in the Tocoma, WA area. This position will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of all distribution related functions to achieve division profitability goals while providing excellent service to internal and external customers. This position is bonus eligible and relocation assistance is available.
location: Lakewood, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital expenditure requirements
- Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations governing the Distribution Centers and Transportation Departments
- Ensure adherence to safety programs, procedures, and policies
- Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures
- Ensure the Distribution Center and Transportation Department are productive
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- Approximately 10 or more years experience in all facets of outbound and inbound warehousing and transportation ideally in the food service or a related industry
- Demonstrated experience in managing large warehouse and transportation staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relations issues
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and/or reporting experience, preferably in positions of increasing responsibility
- Ability to understand financial statements and resulting cost implications
- Analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience level: Executive
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.