Randstad Engineering is conducting a professional search for a Manufacturing Engineering for a direct hire position with our manufacturing client in Covington TN. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in PLC controlled equipment, robotics, machine tools and material handling systems along with holding a Mechanical Engineering Degree and/or 3+ years of applicable professional expereince. Knowledge of tooling design and metal forming operations is essential. Relocation negotiable for qualified candidates
location: COVINGTON, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Manufacturing Engineer will focus on the design and efficient daily operation of integrated systems for the production of high quality, economically competitive flow control products. This position will interface and lead machine improvement projects in an assigned area of the facility. This role works closely with experienced manufacturing and R&D engineers also located at the facility.
- Machine Design: Complete 3D models and concepts of new process platforms for plumbing, mechanical, and refrigeration copper products.
- Tooling Design: Create tooling designs to work in existing and new equipment for the forming of copper and other metals.
- Process Specialist: Become knowledgeable of all process options for forming copper and other metals, including common operations of bending, hydroforming, swaging, cutting, threading and impacting.
- Project Management: Work with other departments within the company and suppliers and vendors to see projects to successful on-time completion.
- Product Quality: Work with internal and external resources to determine root cause issues and implement preventative measures to prevent escape of failures.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or an equivalent combination of Mechanical Technologies Degree and work experience
- Project Management experience to include capital project management or budget development
- Metal forming background or heavy hydraulic equipment experience
- Tooling/machine development and design experience with Solid Works
- Must have general experience with and knowledge of pressure piping systems, components, and valves
- Highly experienced in PLC controlled equipment, robotics, machine tools and material handling systems
- Prior experience with metals engineering, tooling, forming and machining, preferred
- Core Competencies:
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Organization Skills
- Project Management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.