An Electrical Designer is needed for a leading engineering firm in the Minneapolis, MN area. The Electrical Designer is responsible for utilizing a variety of CAD software to create complex electrical designs and construction documents for low to medium voltage projects including manufacturing clients, higher education, and related institutional projects.
Qualified candidates must have 7+ years' of related low-medium electrical design experience and proficiency with some combination of Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, or Bentley MicroStation, OpenPlant, OpenBuildings. This is a direct hire role, and our client is only seeking local candidates at this time. Our client may be open to a hybrid work schedule.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 98,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Perform duties as an electrical designer including sizing and layout of electrical equipment for medium and low voltage electrical systems under the direction of a professional engineer; Experience with lighting calculations, grounding, and other design programs a plus
- Develop and electrical design drawings under the direction of a professional engineer; Accumulate and assemble information as needed to accurately convey design intent
- Familiarize self with engineering, construction, or drafting terms and symbols
- Check for inconsistencies between drawings; Gather information and data for projects from catalogs and other reference material
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.