Our client, a manufacturer of electric cars, is seeking an experienced GA Dimensional Tooling Engineer to add to their Arizona team. This position requires an experienced professional who excels at dimensional tolerancing and stackup analysis, vehicle design for manufacturability, assembly tooling/jig/fixture design, and manufacturing facility equipment installation. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with manufacturing fixture/tooling design and a minimum of 10 years of experience in dimesnional engineering. Catia V5/V6 experience is a must have!
location: Casa Grande, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Expert in vehicle tolerance stack up and assembly strategy analysis to achieve world-class quality
- Experience with automotive product development and design for manufacturability, specifically relating to component locating strategies
- Profound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing principles (GD&T) Develop, validate and incorporate total vehicle GD&T requirements
- Lead manufacturing fixture/tooling design and implementation projects including RFQ generation, vendor sourcing and selection, and technical design review meetings
- Manage project schedules, budget, open issues
- Lead manufacturing plant launch activities including tool tune-in, commissioning, and troubleshooting of dimensional issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement corrective action plans
- Read and interpret CMM reports for part quality
- Lead data collection activities including part scanning and process capability analysis
- Hands-on experience in Catia V5/V6
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.