Our Client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to participate in the design and development of cordless and pneumatic power fastening tools primarily used for wood and concrete applications. The candidate will contribute to setting project team priorities and engage in product design activity aimed at meeting defined schedule, marketing and manufacturing requirements by applying engineering expertise, technical creativity and problem solving skills.
Ideal candidate will have B.S. in Engineering with 5+ years of experience in product design and development.
Company provides fantastic benefits and bonuses!
location: Lake Forest, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This engineering role is responsible for leading tech brick (innovation) projects and participating in the design and development of cordless and pneumatic power fastening tools primarily used for wood and concrete applications. The candidate will contribute to setting project team priorities and engage in product design activity aimed at meeting defined schedule, marketing and manufacturing requirements by applying engineering expertise, technical creativity and problem solving skills.
- Provides technical leadership for product development teams and utilizes project management skills to define and manage resources and execute to achieve required outcomes.
- Collaborate with marketing, purchasing, manufacturing and other departments to construct project scope and determine costs and manufacturing feasibility.
- Initiate concept designs based on customer feedback, communicate those designs to other team members and develop those designs on 3D CAD. Utilize feedback from team members and external customers to adapt and improve product design to meet development objectives.
- Perform critical analysis on design (DFMEA, Design of Experiments).
- Communicate design requirements to other team members and evaluate designs to ensure project trajectory is consistent with product specifications.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design, layout (design integration), evaluation and documentation of electro-mechanical devices or system used on power fastening systems.
- Manage the production of prototypes, test units and subsequent manufacturing and testing to meet quality standards and planned schedules for delivery within target cost parameters.
- Recommend, implement and track performance of design modifications to eliminate product or system malfunctions.
- Select and implement appropriate manufacturing processes and vendors to ensure cost-effective, robust products that achieve market success.
- At this level, assignments can be complex and will require use of initiative and judgment.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.