A Product Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Morrisville, NC area. This job plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $56.43 - 78.57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design - systems: works with the vehicle engineers to define and develop the requirements of electric drive systems and designs the system
- Design - components: works with internal module teams (eMachines, batteries, power electronics, software) and external suppliers to define and develop the component requirements. This position does not involve detailed component development.
- Design - vehicle Integration: works with vehicle engineers to integrate the electric drive system into the vehicle. This involves designing interfaces and specifying the related vehicle systems
- Vehicle and system commissioning: will commission new systems and vehicles, including troubleshooting vehicle system problems, determining application specific software performance parameters
- Vehicle and system verification & validation: plan and execute functional performance verification of electric drive systems and vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to design electric drive systems with key focus on requirements definition and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to verify electric drive components and systems including test planning, test setup, and test execution.
- Product engineering experience (at least 4 years)
- Product design experience (at least 3 years)
- Technical experience relating to the development (design and/or test) of electric drive systems (at least 3 years)
- strong practical experience in electric drive technology product application
- Experience with component development of electric machines or power electronics or alternators or batteries or power harnesses
- Experience with vehicle engineering (examples include: agriculture, construction, automotive, recreation, mining)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with emphasis on power conversion, electric machines, power electronics, electric drive control, and/or similar technologies or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced technical degree in electric drive field
Designing electric drive systems in a production environment
- system requirements
- system design - selection of motors, electronics, batteries, and software to meet requirements
- analysis/simulation of performance prior to physical testing
- vehicle integration - interfaces and constraints
- Control gains, limits, slew rates, protection thresholds, algorithm performance parameters
- test planning, test setup, test execution, and test documentation.
- functional performance, environmental qualification, system durability
- Vehicle engineering experience/familiarity (examples include: agriculture, construction, automotive, recreation, mining)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.