Great opportunity to join a growing global company as a Engineering Planner. The Engineering Planner is required to develop and actively maintain lists and schedules that serve as task management tools for the Engineering Department and also provide intra-departmental visibility of multiple project execution status. Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, and bills of materials. Candidate must be able to assemble and process document transmittals to customers and suppliers. Excellent organizational skills are a must.
location: York, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating detailed action item list and reports to facilitate project execution.
- Able to assist in developing intercompany processes such as document control workflow.
- Preparing engineering drawings by using good drafting/design and computer programs as approved by
our company under the supervision of senior engineers within our group.
- Applying mechanical engineering knowledge and principles, to server as a drawing checker with guidance
of other engineers.
- Showing a commitment to quality ethics and a focus on meeting the needs and expectations of both internal
and external customers.
- Observing safety regulations and exhibiting a concern for safety.
- Assisting in development projects.
- Providing input to facilitate process improvement.
- Undertaking other duties as may be assigned by the Engineering Manager or other management personnel.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
change at any time with or without notice.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Up to 10% may be required for this position.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent years of experience in a similar
- Working knowledge of Autodesk products, AutoCAD, Inventor, and Vault.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required, and knowledge of SAP is desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Good organizational skills combined with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers as required.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.