A manufacturer is looking for a construction leader in Mississippi. Candidates need to have a BS Engineering degree and at least 6 years of large construction project management experience. Must have a working knowledge of total project execution process. Subcontractor oversight and greenfield experience is required. This would be the top person at site. Salary, bonus and benefits.
location: Wiggins, Mississippi
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Be the single point of responsibility and accountability for the successful execution of the project. This includes safety, quality, schedule, and total installed cost.
- Ensure a safe workplace and job site by adhering to safe work practices and the applicable site-specific safety plan
- Serve as a leader of a matrix organization, coordinating closely with various departments and functions across the company
- Partner with engineering team, plant operations, procurement, and respective cross-disciplinary support teams to develop scopes of work, engineering drawings, component specifications, procurement RFQ documents and other required project specifications
- Plan and execute capital projects ($50-300MM) while managing to the set project budget and schedule
- Communicate and coordinate with internal company stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives, budget adherence, and work activities
- Coordinate with Project Control team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances, change orders, quantities reports, and other key performance indicators
- Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (daily to monthly); provide detailed project progress reports to Executive Staff
- Manage external resources as required, serving as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities
- Manage and maintain the project risk register, assigning key action items and owners to mitigate and manage all identified project risks
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.