FirmwareTest Technicians needed for a global leading manufacturer of complex equipment and technologies. In this role you will be responsible for implementing and testing of firmware related to existing and new OEM equipment and components. Position requires technical oriented individual with the strong communication and leadership skills to communicate, plan and document the activities of a fast-paced testing program.
location: COLUMBUS, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Work with Test engineers to understand the test, setup data acquisition system depending on the type of the test and complete the test as per the outlined plan.
- Maintain detailed test logs and document the day to day activity.
- Update daily activity details to tracking document.
- Understanding test plans and test procedures and complete testing.
- Making electrical harnesses, performing test setups for electrical related tests and Firmware related system level tests.
- Loading the test profiles from server, performing tests and updating the Test and Firmware engineers about any bugs which are identified.
- Complete test reports as per specified timeline.
- Catalog all the lessons learnt and report status of testing activity in daily meetings.
- Maintain test equipment and participate in 5S activity.
- Participate in the development of new test procedures as required - Prepare and implement improvements to processes and
- An Electrical or Mechanical technology degree (AS or BS) is preferred or a degree in similar field of study.
- Must have hands-on experience with Firmware, Electric system or sub-system testing
- Experienced in harness preparation.
- Experience with understanding test requirements and test plans.
- Self-driven personality with a drive to succeed and learn under limited training.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills both written and verbal. - strong technical writing skills to document daily activities and draft test reports to an acceptable standard
- Experience with forklift or similar industrial vehicles.
- Possess the technical ability to read, evaluate, understand and communicate data from prints and technical standard documents.
- Ability to troubleshoot and come up with countermeasure as problems arise
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.