A Dev/Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Lafayette, IN area. The main function of a research engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
location: Lafayette, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 47.40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Engineer will be performing 3D and 1D simulation and analysis for combustion models and engine systems models.
- Fundamental understanding of combustion and thermal systems is required.
- 3D simulation is currently done using STAR-CD and 1D simulation modeling is done in GT Power.
- Mechanical engineering (or similar) degree, and 5 to 7 years of engine related simulation experience. (combustion in particular)
- Masters or PHd desired.
- Fundamental understanding of engine combustion and engine operation is required.
- Familiarity with 3D CFD simulation tools (STAR CD is desired)
- Familiarity with 1D simulation tools (GT Power is desired)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.