A Project Scheduler is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH (hybrid) area. This position will define activities, duration, work sequences, and relationship logic to develop the scope of work plan and develop milestones to represent key decisions and deliverables that take place during execution.
location: New Albany, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $23.06 - 46.42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Define activities, duration, work sequences, and relationship logic to develop the scope of work plan and develop milestones to represent key decisions and deliverables that take place during execution. Ensure all scope and deliverables are accounted for.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze scope of work project schedules using the assigned system (Primavera, SmartSheet, etc.).
- Organize and lead schedule review meetings with all stakeholders and incorporate appropriate details. Ensure clear minutes and action items, as required.
- Engage team and stakeholders to create schedules and provide schedule analysis updates to team, alerting them to schedule risks and issues that could delay milestones. Communicate schedule status to project stakeholders.
- Understand the company project management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the company Project Management Governance Committee.
- Work with Administrator to assign security, profiles, and roles for new users.
- Learn, use, and refine sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project/outage teams on a routine basis.
- Provide periodic summary level status reports as requested. Prepare and analyze metrics reports or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, show capacity for organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to achieve goals.
- strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to develop complex spreadsheets.
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work under general supervision, be independent, and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all aspects.
- Safely and effectively perform light physical duties at various work sites including home and company locations in varying conditions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of work projects of variable complexity.
- Understand and support the policies, values, principles, structure and behavior of the company.
- No experience required with a qualified Associate's or Bachelor's degree;
- A High School Diploma,
- A imimum of two (2) years' qualified experience.
- With a qualified Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of qualified experience;
- with a qualified Associate's degree, three (3) years' qualified experience;
- with a High School Diploma or GED, six (6) years' experience.
- With a qualified Bachelor's degree, four (4) years' qualified experience required
- with a qualified Associate's degree, six (6) years' qualified experience.
- Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering preferred.
- Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, and project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.