A Design Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Aurora, IL area. This individual will research and investigate the design, functionality, performance, and integration of hydraulic component products on mobile equipment, including interactions with machine systems and controls.
location: Aurora, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 42.85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design responsibility for hydraulic cylinder & suspension products; accountable for meeting customer expectations for product cost, quality, and delivery (for example)
- Contribute to multiple New Product Introduction (NPI) cylinder development projects, New Technology Integration (NTI) projects, and product cost/quality improvement projects
- Conduct Concept and Detailed Design Reviews with the Global Engineering teams
- Follow up prototype builds and provide engineering support during validation activities
- Support Design for Manufacturing & Assembly activities, follow up and assess Manufacturing Engineering derived cost reduction ideas that imply changes to the design
- Develop Validation Plans with support of product experts for Process Change Notices
- Participate on sourcing activities (example - provide solid models, answer design/product questions, deviation requests)
- Troubleshoot field failures, Warranty claims, factory issues
- Aligned objectives with product groups, suppliers, and manufacturing process partners
Technical Skills Required: CREO modeling, reviewing engineering specifications and detailed drawings, collaborating with product development teams and suppliers, creating/updating project management and validation plans, conducting product cost analysis, and conducting project stakeholder approval reviews
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.