Contract to Hire Opportunity: Engineering client involved in high voltage, electric Substation & Transmission line EPC projects is looking for an Electrical Engineers/Technical Liaison to join their program team in either Akron, OH or Reading, PA. This is a perfect opportunity for an Engineer who has 3+ years of experience related to utility substation or transmission line operations, maintenance, engineering or construction. This role has a ton of upside in Engineering or Project Management. Client prefers candidates that are local, but will consider all that meet the criteria.
location: Akron, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with multiple client stakeholders to determine budget year for transmission & substation projects based on feasibility, budget, and need
- Review and approve baseline budget costs for individual projects (IT position: microwaves, DWDMs, security, fiber, etc...)
- Attend budget planning meetings with different client stakeholders (general managers, supervisors, etc.)
- Assist with project deliverables such as: project change requests, scope review, estimate review
- Work with outage coordination to assemble a set of regional projects that do not cause conflicts
- Provide technical advice to clients and team members
- Daily interface and coordination with planning portfolio engineers & client management
- Interface with client's accounting group to establish financial setup for projects
- Identify, communicate, and assist in resolving issues on projects as needed
- Create analyses & reports to assist the client in tracking, coordination, and execution of projects
- Build baseline scopes, schedules, and budgets to be released to multiple client's stakeholders
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.