A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Morton, IL area. In this role, you will manage multiple projects that incorporate the design and develop of returnable or expendable packaging for individual piece parts and finished components shipping. Proper packaging design includes part containment, protection, optimization of transportation, line-side improvements, and other supply chain functions.
location: Morton, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 35.71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage multiple projects to reduce total cost associated with packaging design.
- Capturing current state packaging specifications, identifying improvements, working with packaging designers to redesign, and implementing improvements.
- Work with safety, purchasing, transportation, external suppliers, supply chain managers, and manufacturing operations. An understanding of packaging and/or material properties is necessary.
- Source projects for By Product Materials (expendable to returnable) reductions
- Identify and utilize Safety Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Utilize data analytics to identify packaging solutions
- Perform containerization analysis
- Validate new packaging and containers during development through final assembly
- Coordinate with assembly planning for line-side storage and ergonomic considerations
- Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
- Interface with 3PL and carriers for packaging optimization
- Multiple experiences in Supply chain, packaging operations, project management and manufacturing experience.
Technical Skills Required:
- Supply chain Planning, packaging operations, and/or manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling - Creo
- Project Management
- Industrial Packaging Design Experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.