A Mechanical Designer is needed for a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise in the Anaheim, CA area. As a mechanical Designer, you would work closely with our Design & Engineering teams, line of business (LOB) customers, outside vendors, and project management staff to support project specific requirements and create CAD designs, detail drawings, and other supporting documentation.
location: Anaheim, California
job type: Contract
salary: $23.14 - 34.01 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You'd join a collaborative team in an open environment as we partner closely with Engineering to develop conceptual and production design packages in support of project requirements.
- We want your passion for providing CAD design layouts and detail drawings to support Engineers for capital and expense projects.
- Develop and participate in project design reviews.
- Perform research of background and historical data in support of identifying project requirements and developing design solutions.
- Research and select proper materials, processes and vendors to be specified for design projects.
- Review design packages with vendors and shops for conformance with design documentation.
- Work with Engineers and Document Management staff to ensure that as-built drawings and other project documentation are properly detailed and submitted into the electronic data management system (EDMS).
- Showcase your expertise in the latest trends across new technologies and best practices regarding designs, materials, and products by sharing knowledge and lessons learned.
- Solid engineering and mechanical design skills, including manufacturing practices and processes.
- Knowledge of materials (metals, composites, plastics), welding, finish processes, ASME standards (Y14 and Y14.5), and engineering documentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance multiple projects/assignments & priorities.
- Thrive under deadlines and appreciate responsibility working on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, time management, and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management to include executive staff.
- Aptitude to quickly learn computer software packages.
- Ability to working independently on programs and projects as well as within a team environment, and seek guidance/approval with on-going communication.
- AA/AS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) or more years of design experience as a Designer in a multi?discipline, technical, team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- 2+ years' experience in a theme park design environment.
- Demonstrated reliability centered maintenance experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.