A Industrial Quality Inspector is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Hornell, NY area. She/He will be in Process Inspection of Components, Assemblies and Vehicles to established criteria and specifications.
location: Hornell, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $19.44 - 28.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform Non-destructive Examination when Required and Qualified
- Maintain Inspection Records per Component, Assembly and Vehicle
- Initiate NCR's for Non-compliant Product and Processes and actively participate in the follow up and resolution
- Report Program Quality Activities to Lead Inspector and recommend corrective and preventive action
- Maintain Quality Documentation for Components, Assemblies and Vehicles
- Preparation of Approval and Shipping Documents
- Participate in Customer Joint Inspections
- Problem solving between multiple departments and customer representatives
- Review past inspection data for critical information, repeat defects or problem areas
- Record and report Inspection Status of components, assemblies and vehicles
- Participate/Lead Corporate Initiatives and/or Special Projects/Assignments as required and/or directed
- Perform the duties associated with Tools and Test equipment calibration and crimper verification as required
- Any and all other responsibilities, in addition to those mentioned above, as assigned by supervisor/manager. Any interpretation/clarification with responsibilities above will be settled by the supervisor/manager.
- Previous experience working quality inspections within manufacturing industry's rules are mandatory
- Associate Degree is preferred but it's not required
- Must be able to read blueprints and be familiar with a variety of test equipment
- Rail Experience will be a differential
- Able to work as a team-player supporting the needs from project/site
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.