Career opening for an experienced Industrial Construction PM located in the San Antonio, Texas area. The role is with an internationally based company that constructs industrial / manufacturing projects globally. Ideal candidates will have PM experience with industrial facilities construction. Bachelors degree preferred and 10+ years of current experience. The Construction PM will lead the activity of the project and report directly to the Executive Project Manager located in Atlanta. Salary is DOE $130k+.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Create conceptual scope narratives from client information.
- Create and manage on overall milestone (critical path) schedule which includes all facets of the project development.
- Manage the project(s) budgeting process which includes detailed estimate reviews, value engineering, project forecasting and scheduling.
- Develop the procurement strategy and identify long lead time items specific to each project.
- Work collaboratively with multiple members of the Pre-construction team which may include Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, and Estimators.
- Develop effective relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
Lead, supervise and mentor Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Effectively manage the document control process and insure constant communication with the client and both internal and external Design Team members.
- Manage all financial aspects of the project including, profit projections, monthly PL report;
- Manage subcontractor contracts, assure compliance with terms and conditions
- Ability to complete the project close-out process including commissioning, as-built documentation, testing, inspections and Operations/Maintenance Manuals (all hand-over documentation).
- Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors and vendors in a fair and productive manner.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve constructability problems.
- Coordinate project activities with government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
Supervise site employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Proficient at determining constructability and pricing per development and IFC drawings
- Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Winest. and Sharepoint
- Knowledge of construction pricing and procurement
- Organizing and maintaining document control
- Knowledge of construction quality and safety
- Negotiation skills related to client, subcontractors, architects, engineers and government agencies
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.