R&D Coordinator needed for immediate direct hire role in the Boston area with an great organization. The R&D Coordinator is responsible for the development of new products and improving existing products within the food and confections industry. This includes maintaining product formulations, writing plant trials, and testing new concepts. The right person write detailed plant trial plans and will coordinate the execution of plant trials with Production and M&R Departments as well as working with QA and R&D lab equipment. This person must have experience within the food / confections industry and BS degree in food science of related. If this sounds like you, apply now for immediate consideration!
location: CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Write detailed plant trial plans and coordinates the execution of plant trials with Production and M&R Departments
- New supplier qualification testing
- Conducts sensory panels and documents results
- Maintains and updates product formula register
- Attends marketing meetings on zoom
- Development of new products, line extensions, and ingredients substitutes based off marketing and regulatory feedback
- Creating bench top samples in the R&D lab
- Supports Production team when the quality of the candy is not performing as it should be by investigating the operating conditions, candy attributes and equipment.
- Viscosity testing, solids testing, titrations, moisture testing etc.
- Maintain and support QA and R&D lab equipment
- Sourcing and setting up testing equipment as needed
- Researching educational opportunities to extend your knowledge with candy applications.
- Provides weekly updates on active R&D projects
- Creates and audits raw material and finished product internal specifications
- Verifies any test material brought into the plant has the appropriate documentation- i.e. kosher approved
- Work with QA department for any out of specification incoming raw material results
- Knowledge of candy manufacturing. Included but not limited to chocolate, caramel, soft and hard shell panning.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.