A Shipping Coordinator is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Waterloo, IA area. This position coordinates all daily shipping and receiving activities to include configuring loads, supervising packaging, and coordinating with different carriers to assure proper delivery of products.
location: Waterloo, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 23.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Supervises and/or gives work direction to shipping department personnel related to packaging, loading of products, receipt and stocking of materials.
- Coordinates shipping departments activities and establishes priority schedules.
- Arranges and contacts carriers for product pick-up and delivery to include changes in transportation methods with consideration to service and cost.
- Maintains/creates and/or provides data for various shipping reports, inventory locations, etc.
- Creates processes and/or reviews shipping documents.
- Manages and controls updates in various systems by shipping personnel.
- Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Understanding of Order Fulfillment Process: Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution: Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of unit processes and operations: Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Degree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience: University Degree (1-2 years or equivalent).
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience: University Degree (1-2 years or equivalent).
- Degree in a Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience: University Degree (1-2 years or equivalent).
- Degree in an Accounting/Finance discipline or equivalent experience: University Degree (1-2 years or equivalent).
- May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
- Experience in specific areas of Supply Management such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, module supply management, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc.
- May be position specific: Less than 1 year.
- Work experience in a team environment: Less than 1 year.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.