A leading non-profit organization that specializes in collaborative project management and construction is looking to add a Civil Engineer to their growing team. This person will be tasked with working on a variety of large school construction related projects The ideal candidate will have experience in commercial engineering as well as managing large construction projects up to 20 million dollars. They will also understand how to read blueprints
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or architecture
- Detail oriented
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating
- Excellent communications skills - listening, understanding, and responding
- Teamwork and Cooperation
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographic and geologic data to plan and design project;
- Calculates cost, determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, and prepares detailed cost estimates;
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to create engineering and design documents;
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, legal documentation, easements, and designs for project;
- Meets with client periodically to coordinate changes, inform client of additional requirements, receive input from the client, answer client questions, and resolve issues;
- Coordinates with government officials to obtain required approval and permits for assigned projects;
- Coordinates project activity with appropriate officials, support staff, subcontractors, labs, and other entities;
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.