A Schematics and Apparatus Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the West Mifflin, PA area. This position will assist in integration of the electrical systems on the Automated People Mover vehicles.
location: West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $61,100 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This position involves selection of high and low voltage cable and overcurrent protective device sizing/distribution and requires general knowledge of both power and communication network signals.
- This position is unique as it will require selection of detailed design distribution equipment such as various connectors and associated piece parts while relying on a general system-level understanding of the entire vehicle electrical system.
- In addition to design activities, this position will develop requirements management skills to ensure all customer and internal expectations are met while providing a reliable and safe vehicle.
- The engineer will be expected to provide hands-on integration assistance with full access to the product during the manufacturing process.
- Among other activities, the engineer will be responsible for creation and maintenance of electrical drawings and bills of material, component selection, creation of test procedures, requirements management, and manufacturing and procurement support.
Education and Experience:
- 0-5 Years experience in Electrical distribution.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.